Dyslexia: News from the web:
Dyslexia can impact a student’s learning in every part of a classroom and it can even affect adults in the workplace in areas including:
- Writing: not being able to find the right word, difficulty getting ideas on paper.
- Listening: distracting background noises, problems taking notes.
- Spelling: similar sounds causing confusion, can’t remember what words look like.
- Reading: needing to constantly re-read, moving or overlapping text.
- Motor control: handwriting difficulties, difficulty copying.
- Memory difficulties: dates, phone numbers, alphabet.
- Spatial: left/right confusion, easily getting lost.
A child can get tested for dyslexia as young as five-years-old. The earlier it’s caught, the better their lives can be in the future.
Read all about it HERE